A Family represents a collection of related persons.
Family entities are required for calculations across a number of entitlements including for example "Working for families" and "Paid Parental Leave"
A family can contain a number of roles, such as 'principal_caregiver', 'partner' & 'child'.
For more information on entities, see: http://openfisca.org/doc/coding-the-legislation/50_entities.html
Families can have multiple principle_caregivers but as each entitlement is calculated in relation to the Principle Caregiver it is recommended for modelling to create multiple family sets per caregiver to describe each scenario
- Sole Parent Support Does the family have a child who meets the criteria for disabled
- Social Security Family has a child
- Social Security Family is caring for an orphan as per Social Security Act 1964
- Social Security Regulation Family has resident child aged 5 who will be enrolled in school and in minimum childcare hours per week
- Social Security Family has an unsupported child
A Person represents an individual, the minimal legal entity on which a legislation might be applied.
Example: The 'salary' and 'income_tax' variables are usually defined for the entity 'Person'.
Usage: Calculate a variable applied to a 'Person' (e.g. access the 'salary' of a specific month with person('salary', "2017-05")). Check the role of a 'Person' in a group entity (e.g. check if a the 'Person' is a 'owner' in a 'TitledProperty' entity with person.hasrole(Titled_Property.owner)).
- Family Scheme Is the person income under the threshold for the family tax credit
- Sole Parent Support Meets the age test for sole parent support?
- Social Security Meets young parent payment basic requirements
- Student Allowance Has spouse as per Student Allowances Regulations 1998
- Social Security Eligible for Sole Parent Support
A Titled property represents a property that is owned by a Person or group of Persons.
Check the number of individuals of a specific role: check how many persons co-own the property:
Calculate a variable applied to each tenant of the group entity: calculate the income of each member of the Property:
tenants_incomes = titled_properties.members('income', period = MONTH); tenants_total_income = titled_properties.sum(tenants_incomes).
For more information on group entities, see: http://openfisca.org/doc/coding-the-legislation/50_entities.html
- Rates Rebates Total rates for the property
- Rates Rebates Yearly rebate applied to housing rates.
- Rates Rebates Minimum income that returns no rebate. Less than this number gets a rebate
- Rates Rebates Maximum income eligible for the full rebate, less than this number should get full rebate