Eligible to certain allowances under Student Allowance RegulationsStudent Allowance Boolean MONTH Person Formula Included used 1 time
Value type Boolean . Default value false Entity person
How is this calculated?
To calculate this variable, the following input is used
- Int age The age of a Person (in years)
- Date date_of_birth Birth date
- Boolean immigration__is_protected_person is recognised as a a protected person in New Zealand
- Boolean immigration__is_recognised_refugee is recognised as a refugee
- Boolean is_nz_citizen New Zealand citizen means a person who has New Zealand citizenship as provided in the Citizenship Act 1977 or the Citizenship (Western Samoa) Act 1982
- Int number_of_years_lived_in_nz Number of years lived in NZ
- Boolean social_security__is_ordinarily_resident_in_new_zealand is ordinarily resident in New Zealand
- Boolean student_allowance__approved_to_study_overseas is approved to study overseas under regulation 26
- Boolean student_allowance__approved_to_study_parttime is approved to study in a part-time course under regulation 12A.
- Boolean student_allowance__is_enrolled_fulltime is enrolled in a full-time course at a tertiary provider or secondary school
- Boolean student_allowance__meets_attendance_and_performance_requirements meets the attendance and performance requirements of that provider or school for tuition
Where is this used?
This variable is referred to by these other variables in their own calculations
- Boolean student_allowance__eligible_for_basic_grant eligibily for Student Allowance basic grant
This is the formula used to calculate the value of student_allowance__eligible_for_certain_allowances
This formula is used for scenarios from the date 0001-01-01 onwards. More info on formulas
def formula(persons, period, parameters): # (1) No student is eligible for an allowance continued by regulation 3(a) to (e) unless— # (a) he or she— # (i) is a New Zealand citizen; or is_citizen = persons('is_nz_citizen', period) # (ii) satisfies the chief executive that he or she is ordinarily resident in New Zealand, # as lived in New Zealand for at least 3 years, and has been entitled under the # Immigration Act 2009 to reside indefinitely in New Zealand for at least 3 years; or resides_in_nz = persons('social_security__is_ordinarily_resident_in_new_zealand', period) lived_in_nz_3_years = persons('number_of_years_lived_in_nz', period) >= 3 # (iii) satisfies the chief executive that he or she is recognised under the Immigration # Act 2009 as a refugee or a protected person and is entitled under the Immigration # Act 2009 to reside indefinitely in New Zealand; or refugee_or_protected = persons('immigration__is_recognised_refugee', period) + persons('immigration__is_protected_person', period) # (iv) satisfies the chief executive that he or she is entitled under the Immigration Act # 2009 to reside indefinitely in New Zealand and was sponsored into New Zealand by a # family member who, at the time of the student’s entry into New Zealand,— # (A) was recognised under the Immigration Act 1987 or the Immigration Act 2009 as a # refugee or protected person; and # (B) held a residence permit issued under the Immigration Act 1987 or a residence class # visa issued under the Immigration Act 2009; and # (ab) if the allowance is in respect of a course of study commencing on or after 1 January # 2014, he or she is, when the course of study commences, under the age specified in # section 7(1) of the New Zealand Superannuation and Retirement Income Act 2001; and # TODO!!! # (ab) if the allowance is in respect of a course of study commencing on or after 1 January 2014, # he or she is, when the course of study commences, under the age specified in section 7(1) of # the New Zealand Superannuation and Retirement Income Act 2001; and # NOTE: Uses the age at the start of the month under_super_age = persons('age', period.start) < parameters(period).entitlements.superannuation.age_qualification # (b) he or she makes an application for an allowance in accordance with Part 7; and # (c) he or she either— # (i) is enrolled in a full-time course at a tertiary provider or secondary school and meets # the attendance and performance requirements of that provider or school for tuition; or fulltime = persons('student_allowance__is_enrolled_fulltime', period) attendance = persons('student_allowance__meets_attendance_and_performance_requirements', period) # (ii) is approved to study overseas under regulation 26; or overseas = persons('student_allowance__approved_to_study_overseas', period) # (iii) is approved to study in a part-time course under regulation 12A. parttime = persons('student_allowance__approved_to_study_parttime', period) return (is_citizen + (resides_in_nz * lived_in_nz_3_years) + refugee_or_protected) \ * under_super_age * ((fulltime * attendance) + overseas + parttime)