Meets young parent payment basic requirementsSocial Security Boolean MONTH Person Formula Included used 1 time
Value type Boolean . Default value false Entity person
How is this calculated?
To calculate this variable, the following input is used
- Int age The age of a Person (in years)
- Date date_of_birth Birth date
- Boolean has_dependent_child has a dependent child or dependent children
- Boolean is_a_parent Is a parent?
- Boolean is_a_step_parent Is a step-parent?
- Boolean social_security__income_under_young_parent_payment_threshold Is their income under the Young Parent Payment threshold?
- Float monthly_income Monthly income of this person
Where is this used?
This variable is referred to by these other variables in their own calculations
- Boolean social_security__eligible_for_young_parent_payment Eligible for Young Parent Payment
This is the formula used to calculate the value of social_security__meets_young_parent_payment_basic_requirements
This formula is used for scenarios from the date 0001-01-01 onwards. More info on formulas
def formula(persons, period, parameters): # (a) is aged 16 to 19 years; and age_test = (persons('age', period.start) >= 16) * \ (persons('age', period.start) < 20) # (b) is a parent or step-parent of a dependent child or dependent children; and is_parent_of_dependent_children = (persons('is_a_parent', period) + persons( 'is_a_step_parent', period)) * persons('has_dependent_child', period) # (e) has no income or an income of less than the amount that would fully abate the young parent payment. income_test = persons( 'social_security__income_under_young_parent_payment_threshold', period) return age_test * is_parent_of_dependent_children * income_test