Residential requirements for certain benefitsSocial Security Boolean MONTH Person Formula Included used 4 times
Value type Boolean . Default value false Entity person
How is this calculated?
To calculate this variable, the following input is used
- Boolean immigration__is_protected_person is recognised as a a protected person in New Zealand
- Boolean immigration__is_recognised_refugee is recognised as a refugee
- Boolean is_citizen_or_resident NZ Citizen or Resident
- Boolean is_nz_citizen New Zealand citizen means a person who has New Zealand citizenship as provided in the Citizenship Act 1977 or the Citizenship (Western Samoa) Act 1982
- Boolean is_permanent_resident Holder of a permanent resident visa
- Boolean immigration__holds_permanent_resident_visa Holder of a permanent resident visa
- Boolean is_resident Holder of a permanent resident visa or a resident visa
- Boolean social_security__has_resided_continuously_in_nz_for_a_period_of_at_least_2_years_at_any_one_time has resided continuously in New Zealand for a period of at least 2 years at any one time
- Boolean social_security__is_ordinarily_resident_in_new_zealand is ordinarily resident in New Zealand
Where is this used?
This variable is referred to by these other variables in their own calculations
- Boolean social_security__eligible_for_jobseeker_support Eligible for Job Seeker Support
- Boolean social_security__eligible_for_sole_parent_support Eligible for Sole Parent Support
- Boolean social_security__eligible_for_supported_living_payment Eligible for Supported Living Payment.
- Boolean social_security__eligible_for_young_parent_payment Eligible for Young Parent Payment
This is the formula used to calculate the value of social_security__meets_residential_requirements_for_certain_benefits
This formula is used for scenarios from the date 0001-01-01 onwards. More info on formulas
def formula(persons, period, parameters): # (a) is a New Zealand citizen, or is a person who holds a residence # class visa under the Immigration Act 2009 is_citizen_or_resident = persons('is_citizen_or_resident', period) # (b) is ordinarily resident in New Zealand when he or she first # applies for the benefit; and ordinarily_lives_in_nz = persons( 'social_security__is_ordinarily_resident_in_new_zealand', period) # (c) except in the case of a person who is recognised as a refugee or # a protected person in New Zealand under # the Immigration Act 2009, has resided continuously in New Zealand # for a period of at least 2 years at any one time, is_refugee_or_protected = \ persons('immigration__is_recognised_refugee', period) \ + persons('immigration__is_protected_person', period) enough_years_in_nz = persons( 'social_security__has_resided_continuously_in_nz_for_a_period_of_at_least_2_years_at_any_one_time', period) return (is_citizen_or_resident * ordinarily_lives_in_nz) \ + (is_refugee_or_protected * enough_years_in_nz)