financially independent, in relation to a person, means— (a) in full employment; or (b) in receipt of a basic grant or an independent circumstances grant under the Student Allowances Regulations 1998 (SR 1998/277); or (c) in receipt of payments under a Government-assisted scheme which the chief executive considers analogous to a main benefit under this Act; or (d) in receipt of a main benefit under this ActSocial Security Boolean Month Person Formula Included used 1 time
Value type Boolean . Default value false Entity person
How is this calculated?
To calculate this variable, the following input is used
- Boolean social_security__in_receipt_of_basic_grant in receipt of a basic grant or an independent circumstances grant under the Student Allowances Regulations 1998 (SR 1998/277)
- Boolean social_security__is_in_full_employment Is in full employment or full-time employment
- Boolean social_security__recieves_goverment_assisted_scheme_payments In receipt of payments under a Government-assisted scheme which the chief executive considers analogous to a main benefit under Socal Security Act
- Boolean social_security__recieves_main_benefit in receipt of a main benefit under Social Security Act
Where is this used?
This variable is referred to by these other variables in their own calculations
- Boolean social_security__is_a_child child means a single person under the age of 18 years, other than a person who is— (a) aged 16 years or 17 years; and (b) financially independent
This is the formula used to calculate the value of social_security__is_financially_independent
This formula is used for scenarios from the date 0001-01-01 onwards. More info on formulas
def formula(persons, period, parameters): in_full_employment = persons('social_security__is_in_full_employment', period) recieves_grant = persons('social_security__in_receipt_of_basic_grant', period) recieves_gov_assisted_payments = persons('social_security__recieves_goverment_assisted_scheme_payments', period) recieves_benefit = persons('social_security__recieves_main_benefit', period) return (in_full_employment + recieves_grant + recieves_gov_assisted_payments + recieves_benefit)